I think February is the worst month. (I know, I know, I complained a lot about January. But my birthday is in January, so there’s always at least one bright spot in the month for me.) But February, despite the fact that it only has 28 days, always feels like a very loooonnng month. But we are having lovely weather this weekend, and maybe February won’t be so bad after all. And today is a great day, because:
1. I went for a run outside, for the first time since November. And didn’t have to worry about falling and breaking anything. (Well, because of the ice, anyway. There’s still my innate clumsiness to worry about.)
2. I can actually see that we have grass on the front lawn, as (almost) all of the snow is melted.
3. I took the kids to the park (where they got really muddy. But that’s okay.)
4. For the first time since mid-December, I wore real shoes outside, instead of my boring black boots.
5. The sun was shining all day.
6. David and Margaret picked up all of their toys without much prompting. (That had nothing to do with the weather.)
7. For the first time in about six weeks, not one person in our house has snot running down his or her lip, or a hacking cough.
8. Margaret took a nap! (Promising a trip to the park does wonders.)
Only 20 more days until March…