1. A blue Sharpie in the hands of a 3-year-old is a very bad thing.
2. Blue Sharpie does not come out of tan Berber carpeting, although Mr. Clean Magic Eraser makes it less noticeable.
3. Blue Sharpie does not come off Mac keyboards.
4. When using a wet Mr. Clean Magic Eraser to try to clean a Mac keyboard, you should first unplug the Mac keyboard from the Mac.
5. If you don’t unplug the Mac keyboard from the Mac before using the wet Mr. Clean Magic Eraser, it fries the Mac keyboard and makes it unusable.
6. A fried Mac keyboard makes a sound like you’re continuously pressing down a key. (It can probably make other sounds as well, or no sound at all for that matter, but I don’t know for sure.)
7. There’s a lot of stuff available for resale on Craig’s list, including used Mac keyboards.
And that’s what I learned this Labor Day weekend.