My sister and brother-in-law came to stay with the kids while I was out of town last week and as a result, we are now a lot less frayed around the edges. I’m happy to report that:
1. We have new shower curtain liners in both showers. No more mildew.
2. All the lights in the house are now working.
3. I have a complete inventory of everything in both freezers (including which freezer it’s in).
4. The refrigerator is clean, all of the shelves are at the perfect height and the cheese drawer is in a better place (no, not heaven. Just a more logical place in the refrigerator.)
5. Margaret dresses herself with no help from me.
6. The dining room table is reoriented the way it really should be (but I never realized that it should be that way.)
7. All of the Tupperware containers and lids are organized (but unfortunately, none of them match each other.)
8. David and Margaret’s Ikea dressers are assembled and all of their clothes are perfectly folded and organized.
9. I no longer have a coffee table next to the couch (that one’s going back, because I don’t have any place to set my coffee when I’m watching TV.)
So this Thanksgiving, I am thankful for my wonderful sister and brother-in-law, who love me and love my kids and come and help me when I need them and un-fray my house.