I don’t have much time to write this, as I’m kinda rushing from one thing to the next this weekend. So forgive the typos (you should see my handwriting if you think my typing is bad.)
I’ve been a very good girl all year. Well, maybe 8 on a 10-point scale. Some days a 5. But I always usually had the best of intentions. Oh never mind. Judge for yourself. Let’s move on.
Here are the things I’d like for Christmas this year:
1. One more week between Thanksgiving and Christmas. If this is too much to ask (I know it’s December 13 already, so it might be hard to swing), an extra weekend would be okay. Or even an hour. Anything you can do will be fine.
2. An extra dose of patience as David asks me for the tenth time in an hour if it’s time to put the lights on the tree yet. (Seriously, what about “we have to wait for the branches to settle” is so hard for a 6-year-old to understand?)
3. An automatic gift-wrapping machine. This is my least favorite part. Christmas cards used to be my least favorite part, but I stopped sending them. So now wrapping is my least favorite part.
4. Good weather on December 26 for our road-trip to PA. I really hate to drive in bad weather. Or any hint of bad weather. Or rain. Or fog.
5. Coffee. Or a glass of wine. Coffee and a glass of wine.
I think I should end the list there. I don’t want to appear greedy.
No need to wrap any of this. I know you and the elves are busy. And I can only imagine what Mrs. Claus is going through, with all she has to do to get the house ready for Christmas. (I’m guessing you’re not much help with the tree and such, since you’re on the road so much in December. I’d be willing to bet that that’s kind of a sore subject around the Claus house. )
Thanks in advance, Santa!