Yes, I’ve been in a blogging lull. Part writer’s block, part other things, including:
1. Spending all my time wishing that February was over. (And look, all the wishing worked, because now it’s March.)
2. Playing Olympics bingo. (My bingo scorecard included the words “dream, mom, courage, pain, slush, grit, crash, and sore loser”…the last referring to the Russians, of course.)
3. It seems that every day there’s a new earthquake to read about.
4. So many new TV programs to watch at 9:00 on NBC, now that Jay is gone. (Jay is gone, right? Oh, he’s just on later? Did I miss a news story or something?)
5. Staring at Twitter, hoping that @ConanObrian will tweet something.
6. Preparing my job application for lieutenant governor of Illinois.
7. Trying to watch all of the Oscar-nominated movies. (Current count of Oscar-nominated movies that I’ve seen = 1. Unless “Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs” got nominated for something and I missed it.)
8. Figuring out what I’m going to wear on Oscar night. (I’m currently thinking sweatpants and a sweatshirt, pretty much like every other night.)
9. Kindergarten homework is kicking my butt.
10. Need more balance in my life…between Facebook and blogging.