1. If you misplace your lost tooth, if you write a letter to the tooth fairy, she’ll come anyway. (Actually, I guess David’s the one who learned this, not me.)
2. There’s nothing wrong with you that a Band-Aid won’t make feel better.
3. If one Band-Aid is good, two is better.
4. I make the best pancakes in the world. (From David’s Mother’s Day letter to me.)
5. I look prettiest when I get married. (From the same letter. I’m flattered, but let’s not say any more about that one.)
6. A yellow plastic flower in a painted plastic goblet makes for a wonderful Mother’s Day gift. (There was real soil in it. Not sure why that was necessary, but whatever.)
7. Even 16-year-olds want their mom when they don’t feel well.
8. It’s possible for a 4-year-old to ride a bicycle around Walmart and not hit anyone. (A few people had fear in their eyes, however.)
9. Even teenagers think Betty White is cool. Which is cool. Because she is.
10. I’m the luckiest Mom in the world. Which I already knew. But it’s good to be reminded once a year.