It seems that my most frequent blog topic is around why I haven’t had time to blog. Here’s the latest list (see if you can spot the true one):
1. First-grade math is kicking my ass.
2. Spending every spare moment with Lisbeth Salander (the heroine of the “Girl with the Dragon Tattoo” series). (“Daaaaddyyy, I’m heeeere…”).
3. New episodes of “Glee”, “Parenthood”, “30 Rock”, and “Modern Family.”
4. 24-hour coverage of the Chilean Miner rescue.
5. Trying to learn the rules of soccer. (Rule number one seems to be that everyone is not supposed to cluster around the ball.)
6. Navigating the torn-up streets in south Oak Park adding hours to my commute.
7. Sewing homemade Halloween costumes. (Ok, that one’s obviously a lie.)
8. Buried under mountain of art projects sent home from preschool every day and trying to find my way out. (This week’s theme was “leaves”. Oh boy.)
9. Exploring run for mayor of Chicago. (I think I have a better chance of winning than Rahm.)
10. School, work, soccer, gymnastics, cross country, homework, piano lessons, college visits, birthday parties, running, getting ready for Halloween (seriously, did Halloween require this much preparation when I was a kid?)